Welltok is growing rapidly and is excited for you to join our journey! We are proudly one of only five healthcare companies on the Forbes 2018 Cloud 100 list, ranked on the Inc 5000 fastest growing company list for the 4th consecutive year and ranked #1 on the 2018 Tech Tribune’s Best Technology Startups in Colorado.
About the Market Solutions Team
The Market Solutions Team is charged with setting the company’s strategy and driving growth with respect to target market segments. As part of this, the team is responsible for working in partnership with the product management, consumer experience solutions, product marketing, sales and delivery organizations to prioritize market needs, to develop compelling solutions, and to ensuring their sales and delivery success.
About the Role
Within the team, the Director, Solution Engineering, will be responsible for connecting our solution strategy to market success by tailoring our market solutions to meet the needs of individual clients. To do this, this individual will be responsible for partnering with sales and account management to collect client requirements, advising on how to meet those requirements with current Welltok capabilities, crafting solution proposals based on our standard market solutions, developing demo environments to make the solution tangible for clients and prospects prior to sale, and for ensuring solution proposals get successfully communicated to delivery teams to ensure delivery success. Finally, this person will also be responsible for contributing market learnings to the broader solutions team for use in solution development.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Strategic Sales Support
- Providing strategic support and guidance to sales representatives and account relationship managers (ARMs) on deal-specific solution strategy, business benefits, product capabilities and constraints throughout the sales process
- Consulting with prospective customers to identify business problems, technical requirements, objectives and priorities relevant to our software solutions
- Identifying implementation requirements with respect to data, CaféWell configuration, and engagement to anticipate pitfalls, ensure delivery teams have adequate awareness and ensure that deal scoping/pricing reflects actual requirements
- Developing solution proposals in partnership with the sales team reflecting client requirements with respect to Welltok capabilities, and ensuring successful handoff of proposals to delivery teams to ensure delivery success
- Solution Strategy
- Mastering the ways that Welltok’s products, service offerings, and Connect partners (value propositions, key capabilities, features, functions, etc.) can be brought together to address customer needs
- Becoming a subject matter expert in the markets we serve (employer, health services) by cultivating a detailed knowledge of relevant market trends, economic drivers, the typical economic, user and technical buying influences, needs relative to each buying influence, as well as the competitive landscape and Welltok’s points of differentiation
- Helping refine market solutions based on this knowledge of Welltok’s offerings and the strategic landscape, as well as feedback collected in market through strategic sales support
- Identifying and helping prioritize product roadmap requirements based on market knowledge
- Solution Readiness
- Developing compelling demonstrations of generic market solutions spanning the entire Welltok portfolio, as well as necessary supporting materials for client-facing teams
- Training client-facing teams on demos of generic market solutions
- Partnering with solution managers and delivery teams to review generic and client-specific market solutions to identify potential pitfalls or limitations and creative workarounds that still help clients accomplish the goal, prior to sales and implementation
- Documenting solutions technical requirements based on delivery team feedback and knowledge of customer needs
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience with product and technology demonstrations
- Experience with complex integrations, web applications, and SaaS configuration.
- Have extensive understanding of the healthcare industry including cost drivers and value opportunities; ability to tie technical solution to client or prospect needs
- Ability to work and collaborate across teams without management direction
- Ability to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
- Prefer degrees in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, or other technology or domain-related field
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work proactively with internal teammates and external clients
- Excellent communication (oral/written/presentation) skills
- Employment type: Full-time, exempt
- Education & Experience: Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience
- Manages others: No
- Required travel: 50%+ for client and prospect meetings and solutioning sessions
- Location: Any location
Welltok celebrates respects and supports diversity in the workplace. Welltok is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to considering all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.