Welltok is growing rapidly and is excited for you to join our journey! We are proudly one of only five healthcare companies on the Forbes 2018 Cloud 100 list, ranked on the Inc 5000 fastest growing company list for the 4th consecutive year and ranked #1 on the 2018 Tech Tribune’s Best Technology Startups in Colorado.
As a Senior Data Analyst within Analytic Services, your responsibilities will sit at the intersection of data management and predictive analytics. You will utilize SAS in conjunction with other applications and database languages to form the foundation of the data management ecosystem that cost-effectively fuels a sophisticated machine learning and data mining analytic services business model. Ideal candidates will possess hands-on experience using data sets commensurate with the Healthcare industry, and those used in processes associated with consumer profiling methods. It is critical that qualified candidates have the skills and experience necessary to facilitate the development, deployment and maintenance of the technologies, processes and policies that govern success within the Healthcare industry.
Key responsibilities include:
- Acquiring, validating, standardizing, and warehousing incoming client data in all forms and frequencies, from membership information to wearable device data, long cycle to near real time
- Creating and maintaining the environment and processes that govern this data
- Facilitating in-depth data discussions with clients and data vendors, as well as internal customers
- Partnering with internal and external customer teams to ensure the continuity and consistency of our client deliverables
- Analyzing and critically thinking about data issues, then developing and executing a plan to resolve them
- Maintaining knowledge of the latest industry tools and best practices
- Serve as lead developer / engineer on team-based projects
- Identify opportunities for improving data quality and accuracy, within both new and existing processes, facilitate the introduction and selection of suggested solutions with key stakeholders, and lead the effort to implement the agreed-upon solutions
- Serve as a Healthcare Data ETL SME in cross-functional team projects
- Serve as a mentor on all of the above items for other members of the team
- 4-year degree or equivalent in a computer science, data engineering, or healthcare-related discipline. An equivalent degree in mathematics or statistics with demonstrated Healthcare data experience is also acceptable.
- 3+ years of experience programming with advanced SAS scripts
- 1+ years of hands-on experience within a Healthcare industry setting
Key experience would include:
- Data requirements gathering
- Data acquisition and validation techniques
- Data staging
- Data preservation
- Fluency in SAS and other relevant programming languages will be given additional consideration.
- Demonstrated ability to self-direct, work, and lead with minimal supervision
- Additional consideration will be given to candidates who express an interest in or have experience with ETL system design
- Experience working with large data sets and Healthcare data in all forms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to lead team data engineering efforts
- Ability to accurately determine data quality and define best programming practices as it relates to Healthcare data
Welltok celebrates respects and supports diversity in the workplace. Welltok is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to considering all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.