Welltok is growing rapidly and is excited for you to join our journey! We are proudly one of only five healthcare companies on the Forbes 2018 Cloud 100 list, ranked on the Inc 5000 fastest growing company list for the 4th consecutive year and ranked #1 on the 2018 Tech Tribune’s Best Technology Startups in Colorado.
About the Health Plan Market Solutions Team
The Health Plan Market Solutions Team is charged with setting the company’s strategy and driving growth with respect to the health plan, PBM and retail pharmacy market segments. As part of this, the team is responsible for working in partnership with the product management, consumer experience solutions, product marketing, sales and delivery organizations to prioritize market needs, to develop compelling solutions, and to ensuring their sales and delivery success.
About the Role
The Director, Market Solutions – Health Plan, will report to the VP, Market Solutions – Health Plan, and be responsible for crafting strategy and driving development of end-to-end solutions built around specific customer and consumer needs in support of Welltok’s broader commercial agenda in the health plan, PBM and retail pharmacy spaces.
Specifically, this person will be responsible for:
- Market-Specific Solutions Strategy & Development for Health Plan
- Driving & Overseeing Market Strategy Formulation
- Assessing market problems (opportunities) and trends and corresponding by attending industry events, reading industry publications, and gathering market intelligence/feedback
- Within markets, identifying key customer segments, and corresponding high priority consumer/partner segments
- Tracking company wins/losses to understand gaps, opportunities, and priorities
- Identifying distinctive competencies that will continue to set Welltok apart
- Tracking the competitive landscape to benchmark strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats from direct competitors, indirect competitors, and potential competitors
- Distilling strategic analysis into living market playbooks to facilitate knowledge transfer and alignment on strategic thinking across the organization with
- respect to target markets/segments, needs, differentiators, value drivers,
- roadmaps, etc.
- Driving & Overseeing Solution Opportunity Identification, Prioritization & Development
- For key segments: identifying solution development/enhancement opportunities by analyzing win/loss results and through other means; then prioritizing high potential opportunities based on financial and strategic factors
- Developing business cases to support solution development ideas, particularly with respect to required investments as part of the prioritization planning process
- Developing comprehensive 36-month solution roadmaps by market, aligned with product management roadmaps, to support planning on the part of the product management and development teams
- Managing the Solution Roadmap & Portfolio Management
- Assessing solutions’ relative strength and performance based on strategic and
- financial factors (Where is the product in its life cycle?)
- Strategic vision setting and long-term (high level) roadmap development
- Driving & Overseeing Solution Pricing
- Ensuring Solutions’ Commercial Success
- Tracking solutions’ sales performance in-market across pipelines stages, against financial targets, profit targets, customer satisfaction targets (NPS), etc.
- Gathering and collecting sales and customer/prospect feedback to inform subsequent releases as well as solution strategy
- Feeding commercial intelligence back to the Product Management teams for use in their planning and work
- Supporting the sales team in a subject matter expert capacity with respect to specific solutions
We’re looking for someone high energy, who knows healthcare, who thrives in collaborative environments, and who’s excited about the challenge of driving an early stage company to scale. More specifically, the ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree minimum; MBA preferred
- 4+ years experience in healthcare consulting or in a strategy function at a healthcare firm
- Experience working in cross-functional teams
- Track record of initiative taking, creativity and attention to detail
- Preferred: Benefits consulting experience and/or experience working with major health services firms
Welltok celebrates respects and supports diversity in the workplace. Welltok is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to considering all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.