Welltok is growing rapidly and is excited for you to join our journey! We are proudly one of only five healthcare companies on the Forbes 2018 Cloud 100 list, ranked on the Inc 5000 fastest growing company list for the 4th consecutive year and ranked #1 on the 2018 Tech Tribune’s Best Technology Startups in Colorado.
As a data analyst within Analytic Solutions, you will be responsible for data management throughout the organization. You will utilize industry standard database languages, data-marshalling tools, and other data management applications to create, configure, maintain, and enhance data solutions that facilitate machine learning systems, data mining analytic services, communications platforms, and other internal and external systems. Ideal candidates will possess hands-on experience with Healthcare industry data and systems, familiarity with common issues and concerns around data transformation, be willing to quickly learn new tools and techniques, and be able to work in a fast-paced environment with team members dedicated to ensuring the highest level of quality in solution delivery.
Key responsibilities include:
- Acquiring, validating, standardizing, and warehousing incoming client data in all forms and frequencies, from membership information to wearable device data, long cycle to near real time
- Creating and maintaining the environment and processes that govern this data
- Facilitating in-depth data discussions with clients and data vendors, as well as internal customers
- Partnering with internal and external customer teams to ensure the continuity and consistency of our client deliverables
- Analyzing and critically thinking about data issues, then developing and executing a plan to resolve them
- Review and contribute to documentation knowledge base
- Maintaining knowledge of the latest industry tools and best practices
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience in a computer science and/or data engineering discipline. An equivalent degree in mathematics, statistics, or a Healthcare data-related discipline with demonstrated programming experience is also acceptable.
- 1+ years of hands-on experience within a Healthcare industry setting, including such responsibilities as:
- Data requirements gathering
- Process documentation
- Data acquisition and validation techniques
- Data staging
- Data preservation, integrity, traceability, and transparency.
- Fluency in database or data analysis language is strongly preferred; fluency in another programming language with demonstrated competency in programming concepts is acceptable.
- Demonstrated ability to self-direct, work, and lead with minimal supervision
- Additional consideration will be given to candidates who express an interest or have experience in ETL system design
- Experience working with large data sets
- Experience working with Healthcare data in all forms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent team collaboration skills
- Ability to accurately determine data quality and define best programming practices as it relates to Healthcare data
- Familiarity with data transfer methods (e.g. FTP, SFTP, FTPS) and Encryption methods (e.g. PGP, GPG. ASC)
- Creative problem solving.
Welltok celebrates respects and supports diversity in the workplace. Welltok is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to considering all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.